A fixture in the Tampa Bay Market for nearly 30 years, Doug Loyd discusses relocating from Ohio, the Tampa Bay market, and building an independent brokerage.
In the early ’90s, when Doug Loyd found himself raking snow out of bushes, in the dead of an Ohio winter storm— the deal was sealed on his migration to Florida. Today, his brokerage, Florida Executive Realty, has become the top choice for numerous customers, offering unmatched local knowledge and insights.
Listen in to hear Doug’s lessons learned and career-changing advice for new agents. He shares his real estate journey, predictions and top tips from his 39 plus years in the industry. Find out how you can start adjusting your mindset to best adapt to technology changes while putting your clients first.
“I think part of our profession has gotten so hyper-focused on change as negative disruptors as bad. I don't see it that way. You see them simply as a buyer who's out there buying real estate and our clients may need to know about it. And there's still a role for us to serve and taking care of our client's best interest.” – Doug
- Doug Loyd’s Advice for New Agents:
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR BROKERAGE:
- Do they have a robust teaching/training/coaching program focused on what you need to know to provide value to your clients?
- Do they have a reputation for high-quality work, fair play, and honesty?
- Do they have a culture of sharing, collaboration, encouragement, and support?
“Who you associate with is key”- Doug
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
- What can you bring as an agent?
“I would tell you, over my years of looking at it and observing those who make it very successful.. it comes down to two words, commitment and discipline”. – Doug
- [00:42] Intro
- [04:07] How Doug got his start in real estate in 1980.
- [06:32] The winter storm that brought him to Tampa, Florida.
- [08:34] Transitioning to a new area as a realtor.
- [09:57] Starting Florida Executive Realty.
- [11:45] Anticipating and preparing for technology changes.
- [17:58] The nexus of technology and relationships.
- [20:58] Quality over quantity when expanding.
- [23:38] Doug’s take on ibuyers.
- [29:00] His affiliate program work.
- [31:33] Predictions heading into 2020.
- [38:06] Doug’s advice for new agents.
- [40:34] Contacting Doug
- [41:18] Outro
- FDR Analytics
- Bubble Monitor
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Find | THE REAL ESTATE SESSIONS
Find | Bill Risser
Find | Doug Lloyd