Linda Hobkirk – RE/MAX Real Estate Results
In this episode of The Real Estate Sessions, Bill sits with Linda Hobkirk, a real estate professional from Bentonville, Arkansas. She shares her journey from the aerospace industry and entrepreneurship world before joining the real estate industry 18 years ago.
Listen in to hear about the face of Bentonville as the home of the retail giant Walmart and how that has benefited the area. You will also learn the importance of technology and giving back to the community when in the real estate industry.
“I encourage in 2020 that, it’s all about the relationships, whatever you’re doing in the service industry its always about relationships”– Linda Hobkirk [27:50]
“Find that one agent that you admire and look up to and do whatever you can to find all their knowledge and get a mentor.”– Linda Hobkirk [29:04]
What you will learn:
- [0:44] Intro
- [2:20] She describes growing up and her life in California before moving and living in Arkansas for 28 years.
- [5:01] She describes the state of Arkansas with its businesses, nature, and what it has to offer to the world.
- [9:07] How Walmart has helped the economy of Arkansas and opened lots of opportunities especially in real estate.
- [11:08] She talks about the things she did before joining the real estate industry after retirement.
- [13:59] How Walmart’s owners have given back to Bentonville’s community.
- [15:40] How she joined Coldwell Banker and what she learned.
- [17:49] The power of giving back and how real estate has given her the platform to keep on doing so.
- [18:57] Learning to embrace technology and how she utilized that to do impossible things during the 2007/8 crisis.
- [21:14] How she got the opportunity to get into education through Remax real estate.
- [25:10] How business has been performing in Arkansas since the COVID-19 pandemic.
- [27:37] What advice would she give to real estate agents to focus on in this day and age.
Email: [email protected]
Find | THE REAL ESTATE SESSIONS
Find | Bill Risser
RATE & SUBSCRIBE